Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1:3 Road to Nowhere Ozzy Osbourne

        Road to Nowhere

The wreckage of my past keeps haunting me
It just won't leave me alone
I still find it all a mystery
Could it be a dream?

The road to nowhere leads to me

Through all the happiness and sorrow
I guess I'd do it all again
Live for today and not tomorrow
It's still the road that never ends

  This is actually a song by Ozzy Osbourne titled "Road to nowhere". Ozzy is well known for being the prince of darkness. A lot of his music has to do with death, supernatural beings, and the underworld. He has earned the title " The Godfather of Heavy Metal". Due to the tons of songs he has released as a solo artist and as well when he was in the band Black Sabbath. So it would make sense to me to pick a song by him since its filled with supernatural characteristics.

     Some of the symbols or symbolic actions is the poem are in line 1 " The wreckage of my past keeps haunting me". For starters the word wreckage means remains or fragments of something that has been wrecked. So he is saying pieces of his past are haunting him. Haunting means remaining in the consciousness; not quickly forgotten. So he cant seems to escape his past and its like it past is coming alive. Next symbol is in line 4 "Could it be a dream?" Dream meaning a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.So his past is so scary or horrible that he cant believe that is something thats able to happen in real life but can only happen in his dreams. Next symbol is in line 5 " The road to nowhere leads to me". Road meaning a way or course but nowhere meaning the state of nonexistence or seeming nonexistence. So its extremely ironic that these two words are in the same sentence. Which beings me to believe that nothing good or positive seems to find him. 



    So this song means to me that a man did something in his past that he wasn't proud of and he can't seem to escape the pain from it. Although the pain haunts him he wouldn't change his past because even though it was a lot of sorrow and pain it also taught him a lot, and it someways brought good times.The main idea of this song to me is saying learn from your past and appreciate all the negative things because when you get to the positive times you know you deserve it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment